Wednesday, February 15, 2006

60 Days and Counting

Doug and I had pretty much written off the possibility of ever going on vacation during the tenure of daycare and possible private school and college tuition payments, which if you do the math assuming we have another kid in the next year or two meant WE WOULD NEVER GO ON VACATION AGAIN.

Sorry. I exaggerate. Assuming Kid 2 is born in 2007 or 2008, we could hope for a vacation when he/she finished college in 2030. I just said "NEVER" in all caps for the dramatic effect.

Thank god for my generous parents with no mortgage or car payment, and money to burn. As you may recall, they took pity on us last year and rented a wonderful beach house outside Tampa for us all. Harrison had a great time, though he didn't really like the ocean or the sand and spent most of our time at the beach furrowing his non existent eyebrows like this:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Well, praise the sweet baby Jesus, my parents are rescuing us from poverty and snow again. Tickets to Tampa are booked and we are counting down the days. It's all thanks to Harrison and the ease with which we can pimp him out to my mom. How else would she get to spend a whole week with him?

(Please let the upstairs renovation be done by then. Please. It's only day three and this project is already hanging over me like a life sentence.)

No comments: