Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sweet baby Jesus, I'm a slacker.

We are recovering from our week of insanity, where I only slept in my own bed two out of seven days and poor Harrison was subjected to nearly 1000 miles of car travel. (Yes, I Mapquested this just for fact-checking purposes-- that's how dedicated I am to accuracy on this here blog, folks.)

The wedding weekend was perfect. There were many memorable moments, which you can ask me about privately, but the hellion-related low/highlights were certainly Harrison struggling out of my father's grasp during the end of my reading of the Song of Solomon and running up to "help" me end with a big finish, to the amusement of the guests. And then there was the time Doug and I took part in the vow renewal (just like Moonies!), while we held Harrison and he struggled and cried, ran away, and then started playing the piano in the reception hall. It was really romantic. (Strangely, Doug has had this running joke where he says to me in his best soap opera melodramatic voice, "Sarah, will you marry me….AGAIN?!" The "again" is about two octaves lower than the rest of the sentence. Anyway, he was angry afterward that he had forgotten to ask me this right before the vow renewal. Yes, he's corny. Yes, I love it.)

Alas, there will be no pictures of Harrison dancing, because by 7:15 he had passed out in his stroller with his feet propped up on the piano bench like a hobo (you know the type: those 23 pound hobos that sleep in strollers near pianos). He was whisked away at nine by my parents because he needed to go to bed. My mom argued that he could sleep in their hotel room under the guise of giving Doug and I some alone time that night, but when I checked in with them after we arrived back at the hotel around 11:30 the Monster was sitting up in bed bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with my poor exhausted parents who couldn't get him out the door fast enough.

No comments: