Thursday, April 06, 2006

Image: Mango Lassi

There is an ongoing, unsettled cherries vs. mangoes debate in our household, but Doug and I both agree that mangoes are up there among the best fruits in the known universe. The first time Harrison had a mango, he gobbled it up, asked for more, and Doug said in his best Godfather voice, "Ah....welcome to the family."

Two weeks ago when my Dad came over on one of his bathroom construction slave labor visits, my mom sent with him two lovely champagne mangos, which Doug, Harrison, and I promptly devoured. The next day my mom called, and Doug told her how much Harrison had enjoyed the mango. When he hung up he said, "I bet you next time she comes she's going to bring us a bunch of mangoes." Lo and behold, on my Dad's next trip less than a week later, he brought with him an entire case of champage mangoes. That's 16 mangoes.

That was one week ago today and there are only 3 left.

Add this to the list of upsides to having a kid: pimping him out for expensive tropical fruit.


Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: