Monday, September 18, 2006

Food Issues

Based on her 9/06 entry, it seems that I have been waiting in vain for the amazing mom/chef over at Vegan Lunch Box to start posting regularly again. If you've never read this popular blog, it's mostly a food and photo diary of the gorgeous vegan lunches that she prepares for her family--go back into the archives in the school year to see and drool.

Instead, what did I read today? This article over at Slate. It's all about a taste test and nutritional evaluation of Lunchables and other "lunch kits" for kids, and it made me puke into my mouth a little bit.

Then there was this feature on the potential for better school lunches over at NPR last week on Science Friday, and The Nation/Alice Waters series of articles from August.

There are so many scary and stressful issues raised by this collection of stories.

There are so many ways that Doug and I could do better--It's almost paralyzing!

No comments: