Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bunny Reading List

We've been reading bunny books this week:

1. The Golden Egg Book by Margaret Wise Brown (Got this at a library sale, a few years back, for 10 cents. Very, very sweet story and illustrations by Lilian Obligado. The Golden Book, Obligado edition we have seems to be out of print, which is a shame.)
2. Little Cottontail by Carl Memling (This is from Doug and Lori's collection of Golden Books, also illustrated by Lillian Obligado. Sadly, this one seems completely out of print. I read this when I was a kid too and it is lovely, especially for budding naturalists.)
3. Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (Between these two and goodnight moon, this woman clearly loved bunnies--and who can blame her?)
4. Marshmallow by Clare Newberry (1943 Caldecott Honor book. I haven't read it, but Doug described it as "Good, but LOOONG."
5. Guess How Much I Love You? by Sam McBratney (Most of you already know this is a great book, but Doug has ruined it for me by calling the main character Brown Nut Hair instead of Nut Brown Hare. And now, I've ruined it for you!)

Happy Bunny Reading!

No comments: