Monday, March 24, 2008

Mourning

Harrison has had an interesting reaction to my Gram passing away. The day she died, I told him I was very sad, and he hugged me and said in my ear, "I'm sorry, Great Grandma died, Mommy" which was incredibly comforting and sweet.

He hasn't been upset about it--he only knew her from visits to the nursing home, where she'd been since he was born--but he's been empathetic, and it has definitely been on his mind, especially since the funeral. At various points he's said: "Maybe she will come back soon." and "When I was a little boy [one of his favorite ways to start a sentence], I died too, but I came back." [Maybe he's a reincarnated Hindu?}

Last night in his nightly rundown of what he planned to dream about, he told Doug, "I'm going to dream about Great Grandma dying."

I guess he's mourning in his own way...

No comments: