Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Can I tell you guys's something?

Harrison got a new teacher, Meredith, last week, and I am so relieved because: 1. I like her; 2. she knows what she's doing; 3. she knows A LOT of songs; 4. she is attentive to Harrison and can tell me specifics about his day and his development; 5. she's adhering to the curriculum instead of just feeding, changing, and keeping the kids from biting each others' fingers off; and 5. she's a graduate student and uses proper grammar and punctuation. (Yes, I realize that I am a grammar snob, [Can I say that without one of you combing through my posts to find my numerous typos and mistakes? Please?] but something is wrong when the "teacher" sends home a picture of fish that Harrison has colored that says, "Harrisons Happy Fishes").

Harrison's new teacher is a library studies master's student, studying to be a children's librarian. She has 8 years of experience as a toddler teacher and nanny. This lady knows her stuff, and I feel relieved that she's there and that Harrison doesn't have various, temporary floaters helping out the (wonderful) assistant teacher anymore.

I'm glad that the program manager took her time to find someone very qualified who will end up staying for a while. Honestly, I don't think the instability and disorganization of the last two months bothered him in any way, but it bothered me.

No comments: