Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I vant to suck your blood

When I was a kid, I had the Sesame Street Brownstone playset that came with all the Sesame Street character Little People. I loved that thing, and I want to play with it again now that I have Harrison, but my parents gave it away, and yes, I'm bitter, and yes, I looked on ebay and there's one there with a starting bid of $8.99, which is a great deal, but it doesn't come with the people. If you want the people another seller has them starting at $35. That lot includes 1 Oscar, 1 Susan, 1 Ernie, and 1 Gordon "All are in very good condition!!", which is great, but also includes 2 Mr Hoopers and 2 Big Birds, which is disturbing, because who wants two Mr. Hoopers and two Big Birds but no Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, or Count? Especially for $35. And even though I've been obsessing about the loss of my brownstone and little people, I just can't justify spending that much money to satisfy my nostalgia. Grrr.....

Harrison is starting to get into Sesame Street. He says "Eh-nee!" whenever he sees Ernie (and Big Bird-?) and "Meh-mo!" whenever he sees Elmo. He likes to sing and dance when we sing the Elmo theme and the Journey to Ernie song and then says "MUH!" [I demand MORE singing, slaves!] when we're done.

When I was a kid I was terrified of the Count von Count. I made my Dad hang on to him and keep him in his dresser so that I wouldn't have to play with him unsupervised. Sometimes I would ask my Dad to take The Count out for me to look at, but we were never alone. I was also afraid of Cookie Monster. The Cookie Monster Little Person was okay, but I had a stuffed Cookie Monster that had this gaping open mouth, presumably with which to gobble up mass amounts of cookies and small children. I had my Gram sew Cookie's mouth closed. Then he was alright.

Harrison's not such a wuss. He's obsessed with Count von Count. This week he learned how to laugh like the Count--- "Ah ah ah ah!" with a Transylvanian accent. We can't read the Sesame Street book because we must go directly to the picture of the Count and laugh "Ah ah ah ah!"

Monday, right after this Count obsession started, I left Harrison's room after putting him down for the night and was telling Doug about his Count-laughing shenanigans and as I was talking, turning on the baby monitor and we hear "AH AH AH AH!"

He was laying in the dark, by himself. Laughing. like. The. Count.

No comments: