Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Skater-dater true love and pork futures

kbt's is by far the best feedback I've received on my riduculous little film.

"i am computer challenged, and i am being taunted by the little movie-to-be just sitting on my desktop, refusing to open, refusing to play with me, refusing to divulge the secret training regime in which you are immersing Harrison so that he will become a killer spy dolphin, roaming the post-apocalyptic world, armed with teeth, webbed fingers and the art of the drunken master kung-fu style, wreaking havoc on the uninitiated and oil-dependent, traipsing through the halls of power on little dolphin fins, implanted with spy cameras that report his every victory to you insane, manipulative parents, bent on freeing the world from GW, using your offspring for your own agendas, when really, all harrison wanted was to play with dolls, find his skater-dater true love, and become an inside trader of pork futures. that is just sad, sarah. "

I have three comments:

1. Man, is she going to be disappointed when she finally gets it to work.
2. The Flipper Spy plot made me recall a dream I once had that I later entitled "The Talking Shark Obstacle Course."
3. I had to look in IMDB to get this Austin Powers quote just right: "You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have? "
3a. Wait...does that make me Dr. Evil in your scenario, Karen?!?! (I ask that with my pinky raised to my lips while stroking a white persian cat.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. you aren't dr. evil. neither is doug. the dolphin scenario was based on a wee snippet from some surfer magazine i was reading on the beach in mexico this winter, a snippet explaining how some secret US agency had some killer dolphin training outfit in the gulf that was destroyed during Katrina, releasing said trained dolphins into the oceans of the world. dolphins trained to attack people in wetsuits. this fact being the reason it was in the surfer magazine to begin with, warning the wetsuit-wearing, dolphin-loving surfers of the world that now is the winter of their discontent: dolphins are no longer to be trusted.