Thursday, November 17, 2005

Weekend Bliss

I went away this weekend with my good friends Ashley and Suzanne. We stayed in this lovely little house in Letchworth State Park--home of the "Grand Canyon of the East"! It was a great weekend. The weather was perfect--in the 60's and blue and sunny, as you can see.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We hiked and drank warm cider with rum, ate yummy food, sat by the fire, and talked. And talked and talked and talked. And didn't have to work. And didn't have to do housework. And didn't have to mother. And didn't have to do anything that we didn't want to do for about 25 hours.

It was a much needed break and present to ourselves and "thank you" to each other for love, friendship, and support and advice in motherhood.

Thank you again, ladies--it was wonderful!

And thank you Doug for solely parenting The Beast!

Update: Ashley just wrote to inform me that she was "deeply saddened" that I made no note of the fact that Letchworth was absolutely "gorges." Well, Letchworth was just GORGES. Happy now, Ash? (I just knew that you secretly loved that I kept making that joke over and over. And over.)

No comments: